While the virtual reality market is growing in leaps and bounds it won't translate to the K-12 classroom for a few more years. But that doesn't mean you can't get excited about VR!
For schools interested in jumping on the virtual reality (VR) bandwagon Google has a program for you. Google Expeditions Pioneer Program is a free program where schools can apply to test out a VR experience using the inexpensive Google Cardboard. (more…)
In the WIRED article, Virtual Reality and Learning: The Newest Landscape for Higher Education, Shuster argues that virtual reality environments "promise to deliver the best aspects of both real-world classrooms and online distance learning into a single platform. With tools that provide avatars that represent the educators and the students, voice...
News and resources for educators
- 3D Organon’s VR Anatomy: Thoughts on Design and Theory
- VR and Education Highlights from the VR for Change Festival 2017
- News from the VR Summit at the Games For Change Festival
- Virtual Reality and its Educational Possibilities: Constructivist learning
- Google Expeditions, Project Tango, and WebVR, Oh My!