Previously, I discussed how the use of virtual reality in education can increase students' interest and engagement. Now that this fairly obvious statement has been made, we can move on to a second, more interesting point. Virtual reality allows for constructivist learning VR also provides an opportunity for constructivist learning,...
Recently I had the opportunity to share Google Expeditions with 12 high-schoolers in a summer tech camp. This is not the first time I've led a group through using Google Expeditions so I knew that there would probably be some technical glitches. True to form, there were troubles for students...
Unimersiv is one of the first VR-dedicated learning platforms that was released on Samsung's Gear VR and the Oculus Rift. For some reason, I kept putting off my review of it for some time but now that its on Cardboard and Daydream I figured I'd better get on it. Overall,...
In some long awaited news, Google has finally released Google Expeditions and the Cardboard Camera app on iTunes. Finally, what seems like a vast majority of public schools and their teachers can now access the wonders of virtual field trips. Yes, there are already apps like Nearpod that are out on...
Google Expeditions is now open to the public so any teacher can try their hand at leading a field trip in virtual reality.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)