Written by: Ben E. Atzmon, Elyse Blake, & Lea W. Silvert Edited by: Elliot Hu-Au Introduction Recent decades have evidenced tremendous literature in the extraordinary benefits of meditation. Mindfulness meditation is often defined as practicing a nonjudgmental stance towards present moment experiences . Meditation can be thought of as a...
Recently, some colleagues and I wrote a paper identifying the cognitive and learning theories underlying the virtual reality (VR) learning application, VR Anatomy, by 3D Organon. In essence, it is a program that contains a highly interactive, detailed, and customizable 3D human anatomy model. It allows for users to manipulate different...
About two weeks ago I bought a Samsung Gear VR and I am more impressed with it every time I put it on. Thankfully, my wife already owned a Samsung Note 5 so I figured what’s $99 + tax for a better experience than Google Cardboard? And much better it...
Virtual reality is alive and growing in the gaming world. With the Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive released and shipping (mostly), and the Playstation VR on the horizon, it is an exciting time to be in the gaming industry. As usual, the education world is taking its...
I finally got the Google Expeditions beta test working and led a few others through a virtual reality (not 3D though) field trip. Fun for students and some helpful features for teachers make this a great beginning for VR in schools.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)